- Home >
- Flood Information
The Town of Oak Island Development Services Department would like to pass on a reminder that our office provides flood information services for the Town of Oak Island. Items our office can specifically help with include:
• Basic Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) Information: Our maps will show if your property is in the Special Flood Hazard (SFHA) area and we can provide the basic information that you will need to secure flood insurance.
• Additional FIRM information: Our maps will show if your property is located in a floodway.
• Historical Flood Information: We can provide information to let you know if your property is in an area that has suffered repetitive flooding.
• Natural Floodplain functions: We can provide you information to let you know if your property is located in or near sensitive, natural or protected floodplain areas such as wetlands.
• Elevation Certificates: We have copies of elevation certificates for most existing structures in the Special Flood Hazard Areas.
Flood-Prone Area Map — Low lying areas subject to flooding during rain events and the map here shows those locations.
The Town of Oak Island is concerned about flooding and provides these services to help protect property and citizens. Please feel free to contact our office at (910) 278-5024 if we can provide any assistance.