- Maps and Flood/Insurance Info
Maps and Flood/Insurance Info
- Ocean-Front Development Line Map — This map is provided for informational purposes only; verification of the 1998 static vegetation line and the town Development Line should be done by a licensed surveyor. One can toggle all the map layers on and off if the “content” icon is selected on the top left off the web-map.
- Flood Insurance Changes — Information from FEMA
- LOMA — Click here to determine the LOMA (Letters of Map Amendment) locations
- FEMA Fact Sheet — Flood Insurance
- Flood Prone Areas Map — Low lying areas subject to flooding during rain events and the map here shows those locations.
- Flood Smart — The National Flood Insurance Program aims to reduce the impact of flooding on private and public structures. It does so by providing affordable insurance to property owners and by encouraging communities to adopt and enforce floodplain management regulations. These efforts help mitigate the effects of flooding on new and improved structures. Overall, the program reduces the socio-economic impact of disasters by promoting the purchase and retention of general risk insurance, but also of flood insurance, specifically. Signup to receive email updates. Click here if you would like to learn more about FEMA’s Flood-Smart Program.
- Flood Maps: Citizens can see the new flood maps by going online to the NC flood map site: ncfloodmaps.com Once on the website, specific addresses on Oak Island can be reviewed.