- Home >
- Police Department
The men and women of the Oak Island Police Department are committed to protecting the citizens and visitors of Oak Island and preventing crime through a partnership with the community. The Department is dedicated to providing police service at the most professional level. We practice community-based policing and strive to build a strong relationship with the citizens we serve.
Working to keep our citizens and visitors safe includes sharing information and resources from other agencies. We hope you’ll find this information helpful:
- Keep track of your stuff: ReportIt is a free service that lets you securely store serial numbers, item descriptions, pictures, and scans of receipts so that your items may be more easily identified in the event of theft or loss due to disaster. Create your own secure id and password in order to access your inventory anywhere you have internet access.
- Have you been the victim of identity theft? Check out the Federal Trade Commission’s website to find out what steps you should take to protect yourself and fix your credit.
- What’s the latest scam going around? The FBI is a great resource to keep up with the latest scams and you can find more information here.
- Fireworks use is not allowed in town. Find more information here.
- Are you looking for information on using a low-speed vehicle in town? Check out our set of FAQs here.