- Home >
- Watch out for freezing temps and your pipes!
Watch out for freezing temps and your pipes!
With low overnight temperatures in our forecast, we wanted to remind customers to take precautions to help prevent pipes from freezing:
• Exposed water lines in open crawl spaces should be adequately insulated.
• If no one will be staying in the home – have it winterized before a freeze.
• Turn off irrigation systems to avoid creating icy sidewalks and driveways.
• Let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe – even at a trickle – helps prevent pipes from freezing.
• Open doors under cabinets so pipes are kept closer to room temperature.
• Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and at night (don’t turn the temperature down for overnight), and set it a minimum of 55 degrees. Leave interior doors open.