- Home >
- Prevent pipes from freezing
Prevent pipes from freezing
With such low temperatures this week, customers are advised to take precautions to help prevent pipes from freezing.
- Exposed water lines in open crawl spaces should be adequately insulated.
- Turn off irrigation systems to avoid creating icy sidewalks and driveways.
- Let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe – even at a trickle – helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open doors under cabinets so pipes are kept closer to room temperature.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and at night (don’t turn the temperature down for overnight).