- Home >
- Emergency Announcements
Town Hall and other Town facilities are closed until further notice. Please do not call the main phone number for Town Hall. You can call 910-201-8088 to hear a recorded message — we will continue to update that message, our website, Channel 8 and social media as we are able.
A State of Emergency for the Town of Oak Island was declared effective at 12 noon on Monday, September 10, 2018, until further notice.
- A mandatory evacuation was previously ordered for visitors and tourists effective at 12 noon on Monday, September 10, 2018.
- There is now a mandatory evacuation for residents and non-resident property owners effective at noon on Tuesday, September 11th, 2018.
- This Declaration is necessitated by threat to the health, safety and welfare of the community posed by: Hurricane Florence.
- The Public Hearing and Regular Meeting of the Oak Island Town Council for Tuesday, September 11, 2018 has been cancelled and rescheduled for Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
- All alcohol sales are prohibited effective at noon on Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
This Declaration may be amended to order additional evacuations and/or include restrictions if necessary.
From Waste Industries: As of 1 p.m. Tuesday, September 11, Waste Industries has suspended trash and recycling service through the weekend in preparation for Hurricane Florence. Please secure your trash and recycling carts so they won’t become flying projectiles during the storm. Waste Industries plans to reconvene service as of Monday, September 17 based on conditions at that time.