- Home >
- Potential Tropical Storm affecting weather today and tomorrow
Potential Tropical Storm affecting weather today and tomorrow
Here’s a summary of the latest info from the National Weather Service about a potential Tropical Storm that will affect our area today and tomorrow:
• Regardless if this area of low pressure gains tropical characteristics or not, it will still create some impacts to the area late today and tonight into Tuesday morning.
• The rainfall threat has increased with the potential for 3-6 inches of rainfall across portions of the northeast SC coast and coastal portions of southeast NC.
• A Flash Flood Watch is now in effect until Tuesday morning.
• Hazardous maritime conditions expected for boaters as the storm moves through with rough seas and steep waves in the vicinity of inlet entrances.
• Rough surf and strong rip currents likely, with some minor ocean over-wash and erosion with each high tide.